WARNING! An incorrect installation or improper use of the product can cause damage to persons, animals or properties.
- Scrap packing materials (plastic, cardboard, polystyrene etc.) according to the provisions set out by current standards. Keep nylon or polystyrene bags out of children’s reach.
- This product was exclusively designed and manufactured for the use specified in the present documentation. Any other use not specified in this documentation could damage the product and be dangerous.
- The factory declines all responsibility for any consequences resulting from improper use of the product, or use which is different from that expected and specified in the present documentation.
- Do not install the product in explosive atmosphere.
- The factory declines all responsibility for any consequences resulting from failure to observe Good Technical Practice when constructing closing structures (door, gates etc.), as well as from any deformation which might occur during use.
- Disconnect the electrical power supply before carrying out any work on the installation. Also disconnect any buffer batteries, if fitted.
- Fit an omnipolar or magnetothermal switch on the mains power supply, having a contact opening distance equal to or greater than 3,5 mm.
- Make sure a residual current circuit breaker with a 30mA threshold is fitted before the power supply mains.
- Check that earthing is carried out correctly: connect all metal parts for closure (doors, gates etc.) and all system components provided with an earth terminal.
- Fit all the safety devices (photocells, electric edges etc.) which are needed to protect the area from any danger caused by squashing, conveying and shearing.
- Position at least one visible indication device (Alarm lamp), and fix a Warning sign to the structure.
- The factory declines all responsibility with respect to the automation safety and correct operation when other supplier’s components are used.
- Only use original parts for any maintenance or repair operation.
- Do not modify the automation components, unless explicitly authorized by the factory.
- Instruct the product user about the control systems provided and the manual opening operation in case of emergency.
- Do not allow persons or children to remain in the automation operation area.
- Keep radio control or other control devices out of children’s reach, in order to avoid unintentional automation activation.
- The user must avoid any attempt to carry out work or repair on the automation system, and always request the assistance of qualified personnel.
- Anything which is not expressly provided for in the present instructions is not allowed.
- Before installing the gate opener, check that all moving part as well as the sliding gate is in good mechanical condition, correctly balanced and opens and closes properly.
- Save these instructions for future use.
Preparation for Installation
Before proceeding to your opener installation, check if your gate structure is in accordance with the current standards, especially as follows:
The gate sliding track is linear and horizontal. The wheels are suitable for use. The gate should be mounted and moved freely. Check that the structure is sufficiently strong and rigid, and that its dimensions and weights conform to those listed in the specifications table of this document. Make sure that the gate is plumb and level. The fence posts must be mounted in concrete. The gate does not bind or drag on the ground.
- The gate manual operation can be carried out smoothly along its entire run, and there is no excessive side slipping.
- The opening and closing gate stops are positioned.
WARNING: Remember that control devices are intended to facilitate gate operation, but can not solve problems due to any defects or deficiency resulting from failure to carry out correct installation or maintenance. Take the product out of its packing and inspect it for damage. Should it be damaged, contact your dealer. Remember to dispose of its components (cardboard, polystyrene, nylon, etc.) according to the current prescriptions.
In sake of safety, a positive stop must be mounted on the two end of ground track.
Technical Specifications & Features
|Power supply:||120V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz|
|Gate moving speed:||20 cm/second|
|Max gate weight:||600KGS||1000KGS|
|Environmental conditions:||From -15°C to +40°C|
- Soft start and soft stop
- Midway mode.
- Quick selection for the gate open/close direction
- Reliable rolling code technology for remote control
- Emergency release key in case of power failure
- Stop/Reverse in case of obstruction during gate opening/closing
- Built in adjustable auto-close (none, 30, 60, 90 seconds)
- Built in motor running limitation: max. 90 sec
- Reliable electromagnetism limit for easy adjustment
- Can be equipped with a wide range accessories
Installation of the Opener
*Be sure that the opener is installed in a horizontal and paralleled position and is properly secured. Improper installation could result in property damage, severe injury, and/or death.
* Before starting installation, ensure that there is no point of friction during the entire movement of the gate and there is no danger of derailment.
* Ensure that the Warning Signs are present.
Necessary Tools: The following tools may be necessary to install the Gate opener. You will need screwdrivers, an electric drill, wire cutters and a wire stripper, a socket set, and possibly access to a welder.
When install the opener, you should build a concrete pad to support the base plate of opener in order to maintain proper stability.
The installation proceeds are as follows:
1.Dig a hole for a concrete pad which should be approximately 600 x 320 x 350mm (24〞x 13〞x 14〞). It may protrude 100mm (4”) above ground and 250mm (10”) in depth underground. Increase the pad height if necessary to protect the system from flooding, heavy snow etc.
- Prepare one or more conduits for the electrical cables before pouring concrete. Remember that cable conduits have to pass through the hole in the base plate.
- Pour concrete and before it starts to harden, check that it is parallel to the gate leaf and perfectly level.
- The four anchor bolts must be set into the concrete when it is poured, make sure the position of anchor bolts was placed according to the position of mounting holes on the base plate before concrete become harden.
- Mount the base plate to the concrete pad.
- Place the opener onto base plate. Check that it is perfectly parallel to the gate, and then screw the four bolts and washers supplied. It’s only temporary installation. Further adjustment will be required when install the rack.
The opener should be put in the manual (emergency release) position before fitting the rack, installing the opener and limit switch. The process is as follows:
1) Take off the rubber stopple.
2) Insert the Release Key（provided）and turn it in counter-clockwise 180° to disengage the clutch between the gear shaft and power output. Now the opener is in the manual operation.
Fit the Rack
There are two kinds of rack available as per your options, which are steel reinforced plastic rack and galvanized steel rack. The galvanized steel rack is usually used for the heavy duty gate.
- Fit the plastic rack reinforced with steel
- Start with gate in closed position
- There are four sections of plastic rack which is one meter length, each section for standard package. (you can order extra rack from dealer if necessary)
- Put one end of rack section on the gear of opener as a temporary support.
Make rack level and mark the rack’s mounting holes (four holes for light duty or six holes for heavy duty) on the gate.
- Fit the rack by self-threading screws. This kind of plastic rack is quieter and allows height adjustments to be made even after it has been fixed. Please keep 1.0mm space between the rack and the gear to avoid the weight of the gate effect on the opener.
Fit the galvanized steel rack
- Start with gate in closed position
- There are four sections of steel rack which is one meter length, each section for standard package. (you can order extra rack from dealer if necessary)
- Put one end of rack section on the gear of opener as a temporary support.
Make rack level and mark the rack’s mounting holes (three holes) on the gate.
- Weld the rack nut on the gate as mark and connect the rack to the gate using the bolt provided. Before weld, please keep 1.0mm space between the rack and the gear to avoid the weight of the gate effect on the opener.
- Check that the rack teeth must engage the gear teeth throughout their full thickness. If not, adjust the position of the opener or/and place a few shims between the rack and gate.
- Manually slide the gate leaf to ensure the rack is proper on the gear of opener, weld the second nut.
- Repeat same steps of first rack section to install the rest rack sections until proper length is reached.
- Cut away any excess of the rack (Note: rack length must be longer than actual travel of the gate)
- Thoroughly fasten the four nuts as well as spring washers onto anchor bolts tightly, enabling the opener is firmly secured on the concrete pad during the whole gate travel.
Installation of Magnets for Limit Switches
Before install limit switch, make sure the gate opener is put in manual operation. (the clutch connected with gear shaft is disengaged) and the mains power supply is disconnected.
Position the two Magnet Components approximately on the gate and move the gate by hand to fix them in place.
Fit magnets bracket
Push the gate fully closed by hand. Locate and install the magnet bracket so that the opener will stop at the desired close position when the close limit switch approaches it.
Push the gate fully open by hand. Locate and install the magnet bracket so that the opener will stop at the desired open position when the open limit switch approaches it.
The magnet component with N pole outside must be installed at left side and the magnet component with S pole outside must be installed at right side from the view inside of property.
Finally adjust the magnet to the proper position by moving the gate with the motor. The magnet should be less than 1“ away from the magnetic limit switch. If it is too far away, the switch will fail to work. The distance between the magnet and the opener should be 0.39” – 0.59” with the opener cover on. Adjust the position of the magnet until the positions of the opening and closing meet the requirement.
Connecting Of Power Supply
The power supply cord should be at least 3×0.75mm2.
Connect the live wire, neutral wire and earth wire to the “L”,
“N” and “PE” terminal respectively. It is strongly recommended
that an emergency stop switch is installed in the electrical
system which can be used in case of the remote control failure.
You can connect the switch by the following steps:
- Cut off the wire which has been connected between terminal
4 and 5 in factory to deactivate the existed short circuit of
terminal 4 and 5.
- Solder the two wires to the terminals of the switch respectively.
NOTE: The power supply cord is not included in the package.
NOTE: Make sure a residual current circuit breaker with a 30mA
threshold is fitted before the power supply mains.
NOTE: The protection class of the emergency stop switch should be at least IP44.
Connecting Of The Control Board
The YELLOW wire of the motor should be connected into the “1” terminal.
The RED wire of the motor should be connected into the “2” terminal.
- Limit Switches
The YELLOW wire of the limit switches should be connected into the “3” terminal.
The BLACK wire of the limit switches should be connected into the “4” terminal.
The RED wire of the limit switches should be connected into the “5” terminal.
- Alarm Lamp (24VDC)
The WHITE wire of the alarm lamp should be connected into the “6” terminal.
The RED wire of the alarm lamp should be connected into the “7” terminal.
Use a 2-core cable to connect the “- ~” terminal of the photocell’s emitter to the “16” terminal, the “+ ~” terminal to the “17” terminal. Also the “- ~” and “+ ~” terminals of the photocell’s receiver should be connected to the “16” and “17” terminals in parallel.
Use another 2-core cable to connect the “OUT” terminal of the receiver to the “8” terminal, the “COM” terminal to the “9” terminal.
- Push Button
The push button should be wired to the “10” and “11” terminals. The gate opener works alternately by pushing the button (open-stop-close-stop-open).
- Loop Detector
First insert the LOOP DETECTOR BOARD into the CONTROL BOARD, and then connect the twisted-pair to the “14” and “15” terminals.
- External Receiver
The BROWN wire of the external receiver should be connected into the “10” terminal.
The BLACK wire of the external receiver should be connected into the “16” terminal.
The RED wire of the external receiver should be connected into the “17” terminal.
- Wired Keypad (24VDC)
The RED wire of the wired keypad should be connected into the “17” terminal.
The BLACK wire of the wired keypad should be connected into the “16” terminal.
The BLUE wire of the wired keypad should be connected into the “10” terminal.
The WHITE wire of the wired keypad should be connected into the “11” terminal.
The negative terminal of the battery should be wired to the “18” terminal.
The positive terminal of the battery should be wired to the “19” terminal.
Recommend strongly to use the controller LM118 (WA4004）to connect Battery with battery’s Terminal of control board if the battery is used as the primary power supply in system (such as SOL PLUS KIT). Please refer to the user manual of control LM118（WA4004）separately.
- Solar panel
Please refer to the manual instruction of solar panel and controller separated.
Setting Of The Control Board
WARNING: Keep away from the gate during you set the gate opener system in case of the unexpected gate moving. Carefully adjust the DIP switches to avoid the risk of machine damage and injury or death. Always ask the help of professional technician /electrician if you have any question.
- DIP Switches
The DIP switches are used to set the running time of the
motor in pedestrian mode, fine adjust the soft stop period
of the motor, auto close time of the gate opener and
fast change the open/close direction which is
determined by the position of the gate opener installed.
DIP Switch #1–#2: Running time of the motor in Midway Mode
DIP Switch #1: ON – 2 Seconds OFF – 0
DIP Switch #2: ON – 4 Seconds OFF – 0
NOTE: The midway mode function would be disabled if both DIP switches are turned off. Factory default setting is disabled.
DIP Switch #3–#5: Fine adjust the soft stop period of the motor
DIP Switch #3: ON – 1 Second OFF – 0
DIP Switch #4: ON – 2 Seconds OFF – 0
DIP Switch #5: ON – 3 Seconds OFF – 0
NOTE: Every time you restart the gate opener after power off, you should use the access control device (such as remote, push button and etc.) to operate the gate opener to run for a complete opening cycle and a complete closing cycle to get the full opening time and the full closing time. You would achieve the soft stop in your next opening/closing cycle. Factory default soft stop time is 3 Second. You can turn the DIP switches on/off to fine adjust the soft stop time to meet your actual needs.
DIP Switch #6–#7: Auto close time of the gate opener
DIP Switch #6: ON – 30 Seconds OFF – 0
DIP Switch #7: ON – 60 Seconds OFF – 0
NOTE: The auto close function would be disabled if both DIP switches are turned to off (factory default setting).
DIP Switch #8: Left/Right open
Potentiometer A and B are used to adjust the stall force of the gate opener. Both two potentiometers of factory default force have been set to at 15:00 o’clock.
Turn the potentiometer clockwise to increase the stall force.
Turn the potentiometer counter-clockwise to decrease the stall force.
Test the reversing sensitivity
For the sake of safety, it is very important to test the reversing sensitivity as soon as the control board set is finished.
The reversing sensitivity adjustment is inverse correlation with stall force adjustment in potentiometer A and B. In other word, the stall force level is higher; the reversing sensitivity level is lower.
Put an immobile object along the gate path, and then operate the gate to strike it during the open and close cycles. The gate must reverse as soon as object is struck with it. If the gate doesn’t reverse, please increase the reversing sensitivity by turning the potentiometer in counter-clockwise direction. (Turning the stall force potentiometer toward to MIN position to increase the reversing sensitivity)
Note 1: If the sensitivity setting is too higher, the gate will stop or reverses very easy by itself while there is little obstruction or resistance such as strong wind or heavy snow sometimes.
Note 2: Always check the gate reversing function every each time of control board set or restart after power off.
How to learn or erase the remote
Learn the remote
Press and release the learn button, the REM LED
light will be on, then press the key in the remote twice
in 2 seconds, the REM LED light will flash for 4
seconds. Now the remote has been learnt successfully.
Erase all the remote codes
Press and hold the learn button until the REM LED light is off. Now all remote codes have been erased.
How to use the remote to control the opener
Key A is used to operate the opener to work alternately (open-stop-close-stop-open).
When the Pedestrian Mode function is enabled, Key B is used to achieve the Pedestrian Mode function (open the gate for the pre-setting time). When the Pedestrian Mode function is disabled, the opener works alternately (open-stop-close-stop-open) by pressing Key B.
Have a multimeter to check voltage and continuity. Use caution when checking high voltage terminals.
|The opener does not run. Power LED is OFF.||
|The opener does not run. Power LED is ON.||
|Remote control does not work.||
|The gate starts but it is immediately stop or reverse||
|The gate opens, but stops and will not return.||
|The gate can open, but fails to close.||
Every six months check the following items for proper operation of the unit.
* Lubricate shafts and gears.
* Keep opener clean at all times.
* Check and tighten anchors bolts.
* Check for loose or corroded wire
* Ensure the opener is well earthed, and correctly terminated.
* Always check the Stop/Reverse in case of obstruction function when performing any maintenance. If this function can’t be made operable, remove this opener from service until the cause of the malfunction is identified and corrected.